The eighth annual Summer Serenades music series returns to the Village of Brockport’s Welcome Center (11 Water St.) every Thursday evening through August 23. July’s performances start at 7:00 p.m. and August’s begin at 6:30 p.m.
Performances are free.
* July 5, Marc Berger – acoustic guitar and vocals
* July 12, Miles Watts & Brothers from other Mothers – rock & roll party
* July 19, The Brockport Big Band – classic big band crowd favorites
* July 26, Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Maestro Ward Stare (SERC/College at Brockport)
* August 2, Chris Wilson – international recording artist; singer/guitarist
* August 9, John Nyerges Jazz Quartet – jazz standards and originals
* August 16, The Geezers – Roots music
* August 23, Zak’s Pak – R & B and Rock and Roll, dancers’ delight
In the event of rain or extreme heat, outdoor performances will take place instead at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 14 State Street. This series is made possible solely through the generous support of many local businesses and individuals.
Something beautiful has emerged from something tragic in Brockport.
The Megan Dix Memorial Garden was opened on June 30, 2018 by the friends and family of Megan Dix.
Megan, a beloved mom, wife and employee of Lowe's Home Improvement, was murdered on August 25, 2017, one week before her 34th birthday. The garden was created in the public parking lot off Owens Road and South Ave. where Megan was killed during her lunch break.
It's a beautiful, serene place that those who loved Megan hope the community will use.
The dedication placard reads, in part: "Where family and friends may come and share a meal together, in her honor, while enjoying the view of the garden."